Friday 11 October 2013

Good times!

So yeah, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty terrible at remembering to update this frequently.
However, that should be about to change. You see, I am a creature of habit, I need a routine in my life to keep the equilibrium happy. Whilst I was working on my graphic novel (more on that soon) I had a routine, get up at 9, work all day, then get drunk and sleep. Then I finished working on it and needed to find a job.
Well, on wednesday I got offered an apprenticeship! So on the 21st I start work!
I've been putting a lot of things off until I had a job, such as exercise and writing on a day to day basis. It was quite a feeble excuse, but I wanted to have my routine set before I started adding these things into my life, and now that I have the job, I want to get back into getting my shit together. That includes updating this blog with whatever I want to talk about.
Today I got the results for my graphic novel, Second Solace, from my Master's tutor. So now the next step is to do a couple of tweaks to it over the next week before I start work, and then get it thrown into as many publishers faces as I possibly can and hope that someone somewhere thinks it's half decent. If that fails, then I'll be looking into Kickstarter, and if that fails, it's going up as an e-book on amazon. Regardless of the outcome, I'm getting it published!
On a completely different note, I played the first part of telltale's "The Wolf Among Us" game. I don't know what they're drinking over at telltale, but man can those guys write! I've never heard of Fables before, but I picked it up solely because of telltales' track record with excellent storytelling, and I was not disappointed. Well, I was when I came to the end and remembered that awful feeling of having to wait over a month for part 2.
Anyway, for my extended absence from blogging, please accept this delightful picture of Guybrush Threepwood that I knocked up today. It's part of a series of pictures I'm hoping to do on many of my favourite characters (whether that be film, game or tv etc.) which I would like to one day get printed up onto canvas to stick up around my abode.

Anyway, toodlepip for now you wonderful bunch of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment