Sunday 1 December 2013

Paul Walker

It is with grave news that I come here today. Paul Walker, actor from the Fast and Furious franchise, died yesterday. I don't know why I felt the need to write something about an actor whose only role I have watched is a series of fast car films. It saddens me to know that because he died in a car crash, the bastards of the internet will go to town with stupid FF jokes, when really we all should remember the man for all his achievements. The FF films were never going to win any awards, but it was because of that that I loved them. They were cheesy and predictable and easy, but they were enjoyable and fun. I built friendships from my love of these films, and they helped more than once to cheer me up in difficult times. The Fast and Furious franchise has had a tendency in the past to mix and match it's main protagonists, and for that I believe they will be able to move on past Walker's untimely demise, but part of the magic will be gone too. I will miss the FBI-turned-streetracer, and I wonder how they will handle his death. But even if they simply decide to scrap the 7th film, I will be happy, because Paul and his friends picked me up when times were hard, they made me happier than most films could dare to dream.
Goodbye Paul Walker. You shall be missed

No comments:

Post a Comment