Monday 1 April 2013

The Walking Thrones

So last night aired the season finale to The Walking Dead and the season premiere to Game of Thrones. Two fantastic shows, in my opinion. The Walking Dead passed the torch of Sunday night entertainment over to Game of Thrones.
Frankly I was more excited to TWD, mainly because during GOT's hiatus I caught up with the next book which this season is based on, and with TWD's steady departure from that of the comic book's storyline I was eager to see what would happen. I shan't spoil anything for those who haven't watched the episode or any of the season, but if you have read the comic books, be prepared for things to go down a little differently. It was a nice change, so many big surprises during the season were lost to me thanks to the equally fantastic graphic novels, so to see Rick and the gang encounter things differently I was left with genuine excitement for what is next to come.
Game of Thrones, which this season picks up with the third book (or first half of it at least), was unsurprisingly amazing. When I watched the previous seasons, I had not read anything by George R R Martin, so to come to the third season with a little extra knowledge (I listened to the audiobook whilst I drew and therefore didn't pick up all of what was going on) was a nice change, to see certain scenes changed slightly was interesting and it gave me more insight into new characters.
I'm glad GOT is back, and I can't wait to see how certain game changing events will look on the screen.

PS, anyone who enjoys Rooster Teeth should hop over there and wish them a happy 10 year anniversary and be on the look out for any exciting announcements

No comments:

Post a Comment