Monday 13 May 2013

Today has been a good day

As you can probably guess from the title, today has been a good day. Not only does the deadline for my work draw closer, but we also had some great news. 24 will return!
I loved 24, I didn't get into it until the seventh season, but it gave me the great chance to watch tons of episodes back to back. I was gutted when it finished, and even more so when the likelihood of a film dwindled away. But today we get the news that 24 will return in a new fashion. Whilst the other seasons were a 24 hour format, the new season will see only 12 episodes, each sticking to the 1 hour format, but skipping the unnecessary episodes. Any fan of 24 can relate that some seasons just dipped a little, so taking the low moments out of the show can only improve it. I'll eagerly await the next season, especially since it's set a few years after the last season. I had dreaded the film might not address the events of the last season as there wouldn't be enough time to pack it all in, but I'm confident they will make a satisfying continuation, even if it is to be the last.
The other great news is the arrival of a new Arrested Development season 4 trailer. I've been so excited for the new season since I heard about it, and the trailer inspires confidence that this season will be as good as the others. Since the new season is set to focus on one character per episode, with occasional appearances from other members of the cast, it will certainly be a different formula to the original series, but just like 24, I have confidence in it. They know how to be silly, and there was rarely a time in the other seasons when I wasn't laughing at the Blooths whether they were together or not.
Season 4 is set to release all at once on Netflix on the 26th of May, check out the trailer below.
If you haven't seen Arrested Development, go watch it all now, then by the 26th you'll be caught up.
Finally, as I mentioned earlier, I've been working hard on my coursework. The final piece is handed in on the 21st, so that night I'll get horrendously drunk, and then a few days later I'll be powering through all of Arrested Development.
But after that, I'll be putting all my focus into Second Solace (my graphic novel). I'll be updating the Second Solace blog weekly and I'll be figuring out how to distribute it in preparation for the kickstarter. I cannot freaking wait!
Anyway, farewell for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment