Saturday 11 January 2014

Week 2 - Return of the week

So here we are in the second week of 2014, and my God has it been exhausting.
I've got to say, I really enjoy my job, so much so that where most people may wake up on a Monday in sadness, I'm glad to be hanging out with the people I work with doing something I'm not terrible at. But this week, I've woken every morning wishing it was Saturday.
On Tuesday I had to go to the doctors for a routine blood test, and even though I'm diabetic and must be approaching my 6000th injection soon, I can't stand blood tests. So Monday night saw very little sleep. Then after work on Tuesday, I decided to meet up with a friend for a drink, and that drink turned into 6 pints and a cornucopia of assorted shots, one of which was a chilli vodka shot that burned everything it touched. So Wednesday saw me in quite a hungover state.
Wednesday also saw me experiencing the delights of the HR department as part of my training. And I came away thinking how suited I think I would be in that area, so that was good at least. Just before I left work, my boss asked me to put the video I've been working on onto a DVD for the next day. A simple task, so long as things went right, which they didn't. Firstly, I spent 3 hours searching all over my house for the blank DVDs, then iDVD on my Mac decided to crash repeatedly, then the other programs I tried wanted to put a watermark on the finished product, then I found one program that would work, but refused all types of file format I had. Then I finally got it to work, but the process took nearly 2 hours to burn, and then they would fail. So at about 3am I decided to give up, and when I staggered exhausted into work the following morning, I was told I didn't need to put it on a DVD anyway!
But it's now the weekend, and I'm relaxing at home with a beer and I'm about to watch Inglorious Basterds. So this is all I have to say for now, but I hope everyone else's week is going better.
Toodle pip for now guys and gals

No comments:

Post a Comment