Sunday 26 January 2014

Weeks 3&4

Christ I'm terrible at weekly updates, I do apologise. 
So there have been a few interesting updates in my life recently. Firstly, I colleague at work announced she is going to retire in March, meaning that someone will have to be hired to take her place. Naturally I plan to apply for the job, I love working in my department and I'd love to have more money. The only downside is that I have little experience, and I can only assume there shall be others from work who also apply. But nothing is definite yet, so I'll have to make sure I keep you guys updated. 
Secondly, and more importantly, I went to the doctors on Monday and found out I have high cholesterol. Whilst I was hardly thrilled with the news, it has already begun to change my life for the good. I've been planning on getting to the gym, and now I have a reason to do it. But more importantly, getting the diagnosis reminded me of some feelings I had forgotten from my diabetes diagnosis. Back in 2010, I staggered into hospital in a near-comatose state. And with this recent news, it reminded me of the feelings I felt back then. The feeling of being broken, of missing something crucial from my body. The feeling that my life would never be the same again. The feeling that change had turned it's hand on me. 
This isn't to say I've sunk into some sort of Great Depression with finding out I've got high cholesterol. I've always looked for the silver linings to difficult situations. Diabetes has been known to cause it, and my father has it too, and he's ok. It'll just mean I have more stuff to keep in check, which is quite a pain, but I'll live.
Anyway, I've been drafting some Sherlock-themed designs that I'm really proud of, and when they're done I'll be sure to stick them in the store.
Right, I'm tired, so I'll be heading to bed shortly. As usual I'll try and be more proactive in updating. 
Toodle pip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment