Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year

2013 is behind us, 2014 has just begun. It's the time when people make promises to change, it's a chance for everyone to take the next step.
For me, I don't really plan on making any resolutions, just to make sure I do the things that make me happy. That being said, I've decided I'm going to make some smaller monthly goals to accomplish, such as getting Second Solace into a publishable state and cutting out alcohol for the month. That way I've got a timeline to get some stuff done that I've been putting off.
I thought about doing a video blog, not for public viewing, but for me to reflect upon this time next year, but I thought about it, and I'd rather just make the effort to write on here a little more. So hopefully this will be a sign of regular updates (fingers crossed).
So that in mind, today has been quite a regular day. Watched the newest season of Mad Dogs and found the ending somewhat bizarre. Watched Hunger Games and The Hobbit, both of which I enjoyed, and soon I'll be delving into the exciting world of Sherlock.
Last night was good, I went round to my friend's house and we had a good time right up until the next door neighbour decided to start shouting at his wife and beating her up. We called the police and in their usual helpful way they decided to do nothing. So that was fun.
I've also decided to start doing a chart of what I'm eating and how high my blood sugar is in preparation for my lovely blood test next tuesday.
Anyway, I don't want to go on too long with this today. But I had to mention the sad news I heard earlier. James Avery, aka Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, died last night. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment